- November 11, 2018
7:30 am - 4:30 pm
Brisbane, Sunday 11 November 2018
6.5 CPD Hours
This course will focus on treatment of children and adults. Protocols for identification, diagnosis, treatment and after-care of lip and tongue ties in this age group will be covered in depth.
Following the TTI Advanced Course for Children and Adults, practitioners will be able to confidently determine whether an oral restriction is impacting on the health of the patient. Moreover, laser surgeons (such as dentists) and their teams will leave the course with the necessary protocols required to run a highly effective tongue and lip tie clinic for this age category. Protocols for preparing the musculature and neurology of the tongue prior to surgery, as well as for rehabilitating the tongue after surgery will be shown in depth.
The role of each member of a multi-disciplinary team will be covered and how overall function can be restored and enhanced through effective treatment and aftercare. Practice management protocols such as appointment co-ordinating and preparing the patient for each appointment will be highlighted.
Who is this course for?
- Laser surgeons (such as dentists) and their entire team
- Orthodontists, general dentists and oral health therapists and hygienists
- Body Workers / Manual Therapists
- All other health professionals with an interest in the surgical treatment of oral restrictions
What you will learn:
- The effect of oral restrictions on children and adults
- The functions of the tongue – orofacial development, eating, speech, oral hygiene, the airway
- Coordination of appointments to run a laser tongue and lip tie clinic for children and adults
- Working with your chosen bodyworker
- Diagnosis, “pre-habilitation”, surgical technique, rehabilitation and aftercare
- Working with co-morbidities such as breathing dysfunction, and malocclusion
- Timing of the laser frenectomy in relation to treatment of co-morbidities such as Myobrace treatment
The Advanced Course includes a comprehensive workbook produced by the Tongue Tie Institute which provides extensive practical implementation information. Participants also receive extensive supporting materials necessary to establish a quality tongue tie treatment protocol within their practice.
Held at the Sofitel Brisbane Central, a delightful learning environment will be provided including a luxury buffet lunch at the famous Thyme2 restaurant.
Completion of the Foundation Course is an essential pre-requisite for participation in the Advanced Course – Children & Adults.
Date: Sunday 11 November 2018
Times: 8:30am to 5:30pm
Presenters: Dr Marjan Jones & Dr Dan Hanson
Venue: Sofitel Brisbane Central 249 Turbot St, Brisbane QLD 4000
EARLY BIRD ENDS 30 September 2018
Dentists/Medical Doctors*: $1795 ex GST ($2000 ex GST after 30 Sept 2017)
Other: $495 ex GST ($595 ex GST after 30 Sept 2017)
*Fees include: A Complimentary Observation Session for participants to attend Enhance Dentistry in Brisbane. Spaces are limited and preference will be given to participants travelling from outside of Brisbane.
Please note if you wish to cancel your registration at any time before the expiry of the early bird period, an administration fee of 10% of your registration fee will be levied with the remainder refunded to you. If you wish to cancel after the expiry of the early bird, you will be refunded 50% of the registration fee. No refunds are available for cancellations within 28 days of the event. Please contact email@example.com if you have any queries with regard to this policy.