- February 12, 2017
8:30 am - 5:30 pm
Melbourne, Sunday 12 February 2017
6.5 CPD Hours (submitted for Formal Learning Hours)
Presented by Chiropractor Dr Catriona McNamarra with guest lecturer Dr Dan Hanson.
This course will serve to teach bodyworkers (such as chiropractors, osteopaths and physiotherapists) the protocols for identification, diagnosis, and manual therapy treatment and after-care of lip and tongue ties for all age groups.
Whilst focusing on education of bodyworkers and manual therapists, other allied practitioners such as dentists, lactation consultants, speech pathologists and occupational therapists and others addressing oral restrictions will benefit from attendance.
Valuable insight will be given by body workers who are highly experienced in working collaboratively with patients with oral restriction. The vital role of their profession in effective diagnosis and treatment of patients with oral restrictions will be highlighted.
Who is this course for?
- Body Workers / Manual Therapists
- Lactation Consultants and mid-wives wishing to work collaboratively with body workers
- All other health professionals with an interest in the surgical treatment of oral restrictions
- Laser surgeons (such as dentists) and their entire team
- Speech Pathologists and Occupational Therapists wishing to work collaboratively with body workers
What you will learn:
- Oral restrictions and Tongue Function from a neurological and musculoskeletal perspective
- Diagnosis, examination and management of a patient with tongue tie: pre and post operatively
- Timing of the laser frenectomy in relation to co-morbidities
- Educating families about the role of Chiropractor/bodyworker in a multidisciplinary team approach
- Hands on practical application of knowledge ready to use when back in the office
- Working with your chosen laser surgical team
Held at the beautiful Hilton Melbourne South Wharf, a delightful learning environment filled with natural light will be provided – and in breaks, high quality refreshments will be served.
Completion of the Foundation Course is an essential pre-requisite for participation in the Advanced Course.
Flyer for all Melbourne courses in February
Date: Sunday 12 February 2017
Times: 8:30am to 5:30pm
Presenters: Dr Catriona McNamara with guest lecturer Dr Dan Hanson
Venue: Hilton Melbourne South Wharf, 2 Convention Centre Pl, Melbourne VIC 3006
EARLYBIRD ENDS 15 January 2017
Bodyworkers (Chiropractors, Osteopaths, Physiotherapists) – $695 ex GST ($795 ex GST after Jan 15th)
Other – $345 ex GST ($445 ex GST after Jan 15th)
Please note if you wish to cancel your registration at any time before the expiry of the early bird period, an administration fee of 10% of your registration fee will be levied with the remainder refunded to you. If you wish to cancel after the expiry of the early bird, you will be refunded 50% of the registration fee. No refunds are available for cancellations within 28 days of the event. Please contact email@example.com if you have any queries with regard to this policy.
Venue: Hilton Melbourne South Wharf
Venue Phone: +61-3-9027-2000
Venue Website: http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/victoria/hilton-melbourne-south-wharf-MELSWHI/index.html?WT.mc_id=zELWAKN0APAC1HI2DMH3LocalSearch4DGGenericx6MELSWHIAddress: