- February 12, 2017
8:30 am - 5:30 pm
Melbourne, Sunday 12 February 2017
6.5 CPD Hours (CERPS for IBCLCs, self reported for others)
This course will focus on treatment of children and adults. Protocols for identification, diagnosis, treatment and after-care of lip and tongue ties in this age group will be covered in depth.
Following the TTI Advanced Course for Children and Adults, practitioners will be able to confidently determine whether an oral restriction is impacting on the health of the patient. Moreover, laser surgeons (such as dentists) and their teams will leave the course with the necessary protocols required to run a highly effective tongue and lip tie clinic for this age category. Protocols for preparing the musculature and neurology of the tongue prior to surgery, as well as for rehabilitating the tongue after surgery will be shown in depth.
The role of each member of a multi-disciplinary team will be covered and how overall function can be restored and enhanced through effective treatment and aftercare. Practice management protocols such as appointment co-ordinating and preparing the patient for each appointment will be highlighted.
Who is this course for?
- Laser surgeons (such as dentists) and their entire team
- Orthodontists, general dentists and oral health therapists and hygienists
- Body Workers / Manual Therapists
- All other health professionals with an interest in the surgical treatment of oral restrictions
What you will learn:
- The effect of oral restrictions on children and adults
- The functions of the tongue – orofacial development, eating, speech, oral hygiene, the airway
- Coordination of appointments to run a laser tongue and lip tie clinic for children and adults
- Working with your chosen bodyworker
- Diagnosis, “pre-habilitation”, surgical technique, rehabilitation and aftercare
- Working with co-morbidities such as breathing dysfunction, and malocclusion
- Timing of the laser frenectomy in relation to treatment of co-morbidities such as Myobrace treatment
The Advanced Course includes a comprehensive workbook produced by the Tongue Tie Institute which provides extensive practical implementation information. Participants also receive extensive supporting materials necessary to establish a quality tongue tie treatment protocol within their practice.
Held at the beautiful Hilton Melbourne South Wharf, a delightful learning environment filled with natural light will be provided – and in breaks, high quality refreshments will be served.
Completion of the Foundation Course is an essential pre-requisite for participation in the Advanced Course.
Date: Sunday 12 February 2017
Times: 8:30am to 5:30pm
Presenters: Dr Marjan Jones & Dr Dan Hanson
Venue: Hilton Melbourne South Wharf, 2 Convention Centre Pl, Melbourne VIC 3006
EARLYBIRD ENDS 15 January 2017
Dentists/Medical Doctors*: $1795 ex GST ($2000 ex GST after January 15th 2017)
Other: $495 ex GST ($595 ex GST after January 15th 2017)
*Fees include: A Complimentary Observation Session^ for the dentist/doctor and their team to attend Enhance Dentistry in Brisbane to observe laser frenectomy procedures at a mutually convenient time.
^Valid for 12 months.
Please note if you wish to cancel your registration at any time before the expiry of the early bird period, an administration fee of 10% of your registration fee will be levied with the remainder refunded to you. If you wish to cancel after the expiry of the early bird, you will be refunded 50% of the registration fee. No refunds are available for cancellations within 28 days of the event. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries with regard to this policy.
Venue: Hilton Melbourne South Wharf
Venue Phone: +61-3-9027-2000